Position Job Title: Controller
Department: Accounting and Finance
Location: Mississauga, ON
Position Type: Permanent
Responsible for the ensuring that the financial analysis, business planning, forecasting, treasury and cash flow, month end closing, annual external audit, SOX, and other projects assigned are completed in a timely manner for both the Mississauga head Office and Woodstock Assembly Plant.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the financial preparation of business plans, profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow projection.
- Create financial report to compare the business sensitivity conditions.
- Responsible for the calculation of marginal profit by product segments and product models.
- Responsible for the preparation of rolling forecast profit & loss and balance sheet.
- Responsible for preparation and analysis of direct sales GP analysis.
- Responsible for annual income tax preparation and transfer pricing report.
- Responsible for the preparation of truck and options cost rollup.
- Preparing truck royalty calculations.
- Month end and quarter end analysis and reporting including management report and cash flow analysis and 60 days cash forecast.
- Monitor departmental expenditures actual vs budget and initial the action plan if it is necessary for internal control purposes.
- Review purchases and impact to budget.
- Review, approve, reconciliations, journal entries, prepared by other Accounting team members.
- Implement processes and policies to strengthen the financial control within the organization.
- Preparing response to audit items and setting up action plans to achieve desired audit results.
- Managing and monitor Capital Investment.
- Ensuring transaction control on inventory.
- Key contact for annual financial audit with external auditor.
- Lead truck and parts inventory counts.
- Manage month end closing, issue timely and complete financial statements and variance analysis.
- Review weekly cash flow to assure fund availability and review payables.
- Analyze and validate liability accruals.
- Review and approve significant journal entries.
- Review and validate the truck costing for year-end audit.
- Manage intercompany transactions.
- Manage SOX.
- Review Sales contracts and confirm pricing with parent company.
- Review financial information of potential new dealers and existing dealer agreement renewals.
- Manage and develop an effective team, about 6 members.
- Prepare financial materials and participate in annual Board of Directors meeting.
- Recognized Accounting Designation, CPA.
- 7 years applicable accounting experience in a senior /supervisory position.
- 4 years manufacturing experience preferred.
- ERP knowledge, SAP is a plus.
- Strong Excel and Access skills.
- Knowledgeable regarding effective accounting control systems.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to work in a fast paced, rapidly evolving environment and manage continuous change.
- Work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to develop team members.
- Interpersonal communication skills both oral and written.
- Hino Motors Canada, Ltd. (“HMC”) prides itself on offering employees a competitive salary including discretionary bonus, health and dental benefits, a company RRSP plan which includes company contribution, a skills development program designed to help further career growth within HMC, a physical wellness reimbursement plan, and the opportunity to purchase or lease a Toyota, Lexus or Subaru vehicle at a discounted rate. HMC is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to ensuring accommodations are provided to individuals with disabilities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility requirements.
Interested candidates, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org