Learning and Development Specialist
Posting Job Title: Learning and Development Specialist
Location: Mississauga, ON
Reporting To: Manager, Technical Support
Position Type: Permanent
As a Learning and Development Specialist at Hino Motors Canada, you will collaborate with the Hino Canada service team, and other departments to develop and administer an industry leading learning experience/Student Development Program for remote and in person training. You will identify and analyze the skills, performance, and knowledge gaps to create effective programs that align business needs with learning objectives for technician’s, service writers and internal corporate employees in the areas of truck repairs, troubleshooting, core competencies and development with the goal of reducing truck repair times.
You will be responsible for designing, delivering, and evaluating a high-quality learning and development solutions to support Hino Motors Canada organizational learning culture, stakeholder requirements, business objectives, and high-performing workforce.
- Strong experience developing technical learning solutions that support introduction of new truck systems, technology, and software.
- This position is responsible for training logistics and delivery in the learning management system.
- Must have strong verbal and writing skills in English. Verbal and written communication skills in French a strong asset.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience designing, developing, delivering, and evaluating learning and development programs is required.
- Mechanical Aptitude. Basic understanding of diesel engines, electrical and aftertreatment components.
- Passion for teaching, motivating, and coaching, with the ability to create and sustain strong lasting working technical training modules.
- Excellent organizational skills, high attention to quality, detail and accuracy, combined with the ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to embrace and champion change at short notice.
- Absolute team player - High energy, enthusiasm & proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Create a Hino technician resource online library. Bulletins, Tech Tips and How To.
- Provide technical assistance to Regional Field Service Managers.
- Occasionally provide technical assistance to dealer technicians by phone/email or onsite.
- Help support the Hino Motors Canada Service Department annual initiatives and events.
- Mechanical Aptitude. Basic understanding of diesel engines, electrical and aftertreatment components is considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience of effective use of Microsoft Office suite, Sharepoint, Photoshop, Articulate 360, Camtasia, Blackboard, Storyline, Captivate, Docebo/LMS.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies.
- Proficiency with instructional design to recommend appropriate learning methodologies for Dealer technicians both live in class instruction and online.
- Maintain updated records of training material, curriculum, and costs.
- Manage the service training enrollment and certification process including content, curriculum, and resources.
- Training reporting for 500 plus technicians and service writers. Report learning activities to stakeholders.
- Bilingual - French and English, great asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Interested candidates, please submit your resume to: email@example.com