Posting Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Manager, Human Resources
Location: Woodstock, ON
Position Type: Permanent
This position supports the objectives of the Plant Administration and Human Resources
departments. Working directly with all Department Managers, the Administrative Assistant is
responsible for all plant administration duties to maintain department efficiencies.
- Support all departments with administration needs
- Coordinate all travel arrangements for guests and Team Members
- Assist in the organization of plant tours. Prepare any required data, PPE and update
- Pick up, distribute and drop off mail.
- Organize all Woodstock social events
- Take meeting minutes and distribute to appropriate personnel for all Goshi and Shift to
Production (SOP) meetings and others as requested
- Updating the HR Board, Picture Boards, filing, Attendance Awards, United Way Campaigns and quarterly newsletters.
- Administer and organize the uniform program for all Team Members. Maintain inventory levels and organize annual distribution.
- Coordinate petty cash requests.
- Organize communication meetings.
- Assist with general accounting functions by distributing invoices to appropriate personnel for approval and send to Accounting department in Mississauga.
- Support the QC department with Seriichi data input
- Maintain daily updates of work orders for the Maintenance department and follow up on open items with the Maintenance Millwrights
- Review daily attendance and ensure time card accuracy
- Assist with new hire orientation
- Create and maintain Kanban system for office and coffee supplies
- Input vendor’s invoices in Portal
- Perform other duties as required/requested
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bilingual – Japanese /English
- Business Administration diploma in a related field is required
- Work experience in the automotive manufacturing industry is preferred
- Previous experience assisting with payroll would be an asset
- Substantial administrative work experience
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to process high volume of data accurately and for extended periods
- Ability to maintain organized records
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work accurately and pay close attention to details with frequent interruptions
- Able to successfully interact with others at all levels of the organization to develop effective working relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgement, discretion and confidentiality in all matters
The work schedule is subject to change by Hino Motors Canada Ltd as to meet its production
needs. The current work schedule is Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM. Our industry may
require employees to work more than their regularly scheduled workday hours and shifts from
time to time as per Employment Standards Act, 2000 Section 17- “Hours of Work Agreement”
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in a manufacturing environment,
both office and factory settings. The employee may be regularly exposed to moving mechanical
Interested candidate, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.