District Sales Manager – Quebec
Posting Job Title: District Sales Manager - Quebec
Department: Sales Department
Location: Quebec, QC
Position Type: Permanent
This position supports the objectives of the Sales Department, providing leadership, guidance, coaching, and support to Hino dealers in the assigned territory. Responsible and accountable for ensuring district sales and performance objectives are negotiated, communicated and achieved.
- Act as direct liaison with Hino dealers in the assigned territory on all sales related activities.
- Achieve planned sales goals for assigned territory.
- Analyze dealer operations utilizing sales and market share reports to ensure dealers are achieving sales targets.
- Maintain current awareness of competition, competitive situations, market activities, conditions and report to management team.
- Collect, research, analyze and report on relevant industry data including competitor pricing, emerging trends, competitive advantages, and identify opportunities for growth or improvement.
- Encourage prompt delivery reporting, accurate records, etc., and assure that dealers are complying with Hino sales policies.
- Train dealers and dealer sales personnel on Hino products, product presentations, writing Hino specifications into fleet bids and proper closing of deals.
- Assure that dealers maintain an acceptable level of Hino standards (staffing, services, image, etc.)
- Monitor dealer inventory and orders to support sales goals.
- Encourage dealers to participate and display Hino products at local trade shows, events, etc., and assist by participation when deemed necessary.
- Assist dealer sales teams and personnel with customer inquiries, prospecting, visits, and closing of deals.
- Provide dealers with performance feedback.
- Responsible for performance management of dealers and addressing and documenting nonconformance items.
- Assist dealer development with establishing new dealers as outlined by HMC guidelines.
- Act as main contact between HMC and new dealers i.e. facilitate operation set up and sales training.
- Attend various truck shows as a representative of HMC.
- Responsible for market penetration of Hino trucks in all classes within the district territory and by dealer.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum five years of sales management experience
- Languages: English, French – required for Quebec dealer coverage
- Ability to identify customer needs and provide good customer service
- Ability to exercise initiative, good judgement and discretion in all matters
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership influencing, and negotiating skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with accuracy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- DZ / Class 3 license or provincial equivalent an asset
- G / Class 5 license or equivalent required
Interested candidate, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org