Fixed Operations Manager – Windsor, Ontario
Dealership Name: Expressway Hino Windsor
Location (City, Province): Windsor, Ontario
Posting Job Title: Fixed Operations Manager
Department: Parts & Service
Reports To: Operations Manager
Position Type (Perm, P/T, F/T, Contract/Apprentice: Permanent F/T
Expressway Trucks is one of Canada's premiere Hino Truck Dealers and is Southwestern Ontario's leading truck sales and service provider. Our Windsor location is currently seeking a Fixed Operations Manager who will be responsible for managing our branch and running profitable and efficient Parts and Service departments.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Parts department including inventory control, purchasing, pricing, merchandising and advertising.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Service department including repair order management, warranty management, repair procedures, monitoring quality and comebacks.
- Track and monitor department performance and reports, including profitability, efficiency, and sales.
- Supervise and mentor employees, including performance development, conducting employee reviews, and reviewing monthly performance reports with staff.
- Handle employee concerns and disciplinary action and ensure everything is documented in the employee files.
- Create work schedules, monitor employee absences and vacations from work, and maintain good employee relations.
- Attract prospective employees and handle recruitment and retention for the departments.
- Grow the business by maintaining high customer relations, developing potential business, and creating promotions.
- Maintain a professional image of our departments and provide the best customer service
to existing and potential customers.
- Handle customer complaints and concerns immediately in a positive manner.
- Develop and document policies and procedures for the Parts and Service department.
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to employees and customer.
- Ensure all OEM programs and expectations are met, including training, warranty, and repair procedures.
- Ensure all department training is completed, including OEM training, health & safety training, and job specific training.
- Ensure all legislative and government requirements are met including MTO / MVIS requirements and ensuring all Service Technicians and Apprentices are registered with the Ontario College of Trade and MAESD.
- Ensure equipment, tools and facility are maintained and recommend any future purchases, repairs or upgrades needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and handle all health & safety and WSIB items.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, employees and other branches.
- Follow all company rules, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required to ensure the successful operation of the company.
- Related management experience in a dealership.
- Strong knowledge of heavy truck parts and service.
- Strong computer knowledge and experience with common dealership and point of sale computer systems.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
We offer competitive wages, performance bonuses, excellent group benefits program, education/training assistance, boot allowance, and a positive work environment.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
Expressway Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from all people. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested candidates, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org