Posting Job Title: Financial Analyst
Department: Accounting & Finance
Reports To: Manager, Accounting & Finance Department – Corporate
Location: Woodstock, ON
Position Type: Permanent
The financial analyst will support the objectives of the Accounting and Finance Department and be the accounting and finance lead for the plant in Woodstock. The financial analyst partners with multiple cross-functional team members both at Corporate level and the Plant.
- Provides timely and accurate accounting and finance services while complying with all legislative requirements and corporate policy.
- Ensure an adequate system of internal control is maintained and supports financial audits.
- Collaborate with the corporate accounting team to assist the month end closing process. Provide timely and accurate transaction analysis to support the plant financial results.
- Perform financial analysis on KPI to monitor business performance Support the business plan and forecast preparation.
- Provides cost accounting expertise for plant operations; ensure accurate and timely capture of all production costs, and effective analysis of production variances.
- Financial lead for inventory control including the perpetual inventory system, physical counts and root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Monitors and analyzes plant spending variance, actual vs budget.
- Monitors and analyzes capital spending and project investment against budget. Responsible for the adequate recording of Fixed Assets. Collaborate with plant for the annual Fixed Assets Count.
- Identify and implement improvements for plant financial process and control.
- Assure plant’s compliance with ASPE, policies & procedures and J-SOX requirements.
- Accounting Designation or close to completion (CPA).
- 4+years Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment (experience with standard cost in the Automotive industry a plus).
- ERP Experience – SAP will be considered an asset.
- Experience with system implementation would be considered an asset.
- Advanced MS Excel required (data downloading, efficient manipulation and analysis).
- Excellent communication and analysis skills.
- Superior problem-solving abilities.
- Have a positive attitude with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced, rapidly evolving environment and manage continuous change.
- Work effectively as a member of a team.
- Regular working hours: Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
- Occasional overtime required during month-end
- Travel: the willingness and ability to periodically travel to head office in Mississauga
Interested candidates please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.